Dedicated to the progress and advancement of all paralegals.
CULTURAL COMPETENCE AS A FOUNDATION FOR DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, AND EQUITY INITIATIVES
Sybil Taylor Aytch, RP®, M.Ed.NFPA's Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Coordinator
Culture Competence encompasses being aware of one's own world view and developing positive attitudes towards cultural differences. It is pivotal to the creation of a more diverse, inclusive, equitable, and collaborative organization.
Topics to be examined include:
· What is cultural competence?
· Why is cultural competence important?
· What are the elements of cultural competence?
· How is cultural competence quantified?
· What is an open culture and how it is created?