Dedicated to the progress and advancement of all paralegals.
Location : Community Service Society
Room :Conference Room A1
Date : 11/27/2018 (one day)
Time : 9:30 AM-12:30 PM EDT on Tue
Level : Basic - CEU Credit Available
Workshop Description :
Learn about the benefit package, who qualifies for Social Security Retirement benefits, including spousal, dependent and Disabled Adult Child (DAC) benefits, collecting early and late retirement benefits, full retirement age, strategies for spouses when collecting benefits, how retirement benefits coordinate with Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
Participants will be able to:
1. Explain the different cash benefits administered by the Social Security Administration.
2. Describe who qualifies for Social Security Retirement benefits and when they can collect.
3. Explain Social Security’s family maximum rule.
4. Identify factors that affect the benefit amounts for the insured worker, as well as dependents and survivors.
5. Identify who qualifies for spousal, widow(er) and children benefits.
Target Audience: Social service professionals who want to learn how to help RSI beneficiaries maximize their benefits.
Sign up by 11/13/18 for the Early Bird price $60.00. Regular fee is $75.00.
Assistant Director, Benefits Plus Learning Center.
Facilitating training courses on public benefits for over 10 years, supervises a team of benefit counselors, provides technical assistance to professionals on public benefit programs, develops materials on public benefits, including Benefits Plus Online, an online resource manual on federal, state and local benefit programs.
Director of the Benefits Plus Learning Center.
Facilitating training courses on public benefits for over 25 years, develops training curriculum, provides technical assistance to professionals on public benefit programs, authored the first through fourth edition of Benefits Plus Online, a comprehensive online resource manual on federal, state and local benefit programs and services.
Click to Register