We hope you can join us for PLI's Prison Law 2016
, a comprehensive program about the critical legal and policy issues affecting prison conditions and incarcerated persons today. At this important program, experienced practitioners will explore significant case law developments, litigation strategy, real world examples, and insights about challenges and successes in this complex and evolving area of the law.
Key topics will include the following:
- Practical prevention and responsive strategies to violence and abuse in prison
- Prison litigation: identify cognizable claims and examine barriers to litigation through an in-depth case study
- Medical and mental health challenges for incarcerated persons
- Ethical issues arising in representing incarcerated individuals
- Prisoners' rights to education and programming
to review the full program agenda and register online.
We hope you will join us!
Director, Prison Visiting Project
Correctional Association of New York
Karen L. Murtagh
Prisoners' Legal Services of New York